How to Detox from Caffeine
Ready to kick caffeine to the curb, or at least eliminate one of your 3 necessary espressos? Here are a few tips to get you started.
· Start on a low-impact day. Pick a day when you’re not working or super busy so you can take it easy and nap if necessary.
· Reduce your caffeine intake over a few days. Cut it in half each day and don’t have any after 2:00 p.m.
· If you can’t part ways completely, replace your morning coffee with green tea—it’s low in caffeine and high in antioxidants.
· Love a Coke? Make your own refreshing spritzer with club soda, fresh squeeze of lemon of lime (for detox) and a splash of pure fruit juice.
· Try B vitamins or foods with B vitamins like chickpeas, spinach, and whole grain cereal. They’ll give you the energy that you used to get from caffeine.
· Rooibos tea - It’s caffeine-free and relieves nervous tension associated with caffeine withdrawal.
· Smoothie with psyllium – for cleansing and regularity.
· Action Plan: Beware of hidden caffeine in energy drinks and goods such as ice cream and chocolate. Start looking for other ways to boost your energy, like exercise!
· Drink lots of water. It’ll flush your system and reduce headaches and constipation.